Sunday, December 6, 2009

Urban burgers & Hot chocolate = Yummy Sunday

A pigging Sunday.

Plan was to go with Aileen to collect her goodie bag for her marathon today (stuck in the jam so were too late as the shop closes early) + to visit this hot chocolate place that she wanted to introduce to us.
Cute bf looking so stiff.

My Brie Twist.Beef 'n' Onion+ Mushroom Melt (not pictured here)

Aileen & bf shared the two beef burgers.
Not really much of a meat eater :]
I took a bite of the Mushroom Melt tho. But I must say I still prefer Carls' Portobello Mushroom burger. Furthermore, I get to change the meat to chicken! (accordingly to the time before I leave for Melb)
That is not the main reason why I prefer Carls' Portobello Mushroom burger because I've tried it with the beef too. It's just more saucy and the mushrooms were omphf!

Nevetheless, the beef from Urban Burger was yummilicious.
Tender even tho they used lean beef.
They cannot anyhow claim ok! So they really do use lean beef.

I love the basil pesto on my burger though I prefer it if they used chicken leg instead of the breast meat. They have this healthy concept and somehow Aussie prefer chix breast. It's cheaper to get chix legs here. (Yay! Good for us)
& I wonder why.

In comparison to GrillD?
Both are equally yummy.

**

Then the Highlight of the Day and the REASON why we were there.

To try out..Reminds me of San Churros. Only cheaper.
I was kinda expecting it to be like Ganache style... so, my taste bud was already set for Ganache.
Yup.
Not as good as Ganache.

Not too shabby.
Will definitely drink it again if I'm around that area. I mean, ya. I wont purposely make a trip there just to have a cuppa their hot chocolate.

The photo above was the thick version.
And
because the place is FAR, and its a rare opportunity for us to come here AGAIN.. I have decided to try the thinner version too.
Yes.
Two mugs for me.
How horrible can I get. D:

Anyway,
the thinner.. or rather, lighter version tasted kinda like the one near my place.
I would prefer that if its after a meal.

From yesterday's sinful indulgence (and plus the many other days)
I'm officially a chocolate pig.

**

On the way back..
Beautiful Brighton beach..

Victor, Bryan's cousin - Ben (who is Aileen's husband) used to have a hugeeee house facing the beach.
Sucha rich guy. $______$

No comments:

Post a Comment