Saturday, December 5, 2009

Belated Updates.



Hi People!
Before I start with my almost-daily mini skipping exercise while watching "Sex & the City" (2.25am) airing on TV, I thought that I could probably do a little very belated update.

**

Life's been pretty ok for me.. except that there are some things that kept me pondering for quite awhile.
I'm not too sure about that yet because I'm still feeling very lost over it. It depresses me quite a
bit.
I just hoped that I'm just thinking too much.

**

Sad things aside!
On a lighter note, let me tickle your taste buds with food.

The other day, we tried another Meiji's product.

Ocha Ice-cream

The fragrance and tangy bitterness of the green tea perfectly complement with the richness of the cream. And it's just so smoooth.

Meiji never fails me!


To my Aussie friends, you can grab it at any Asian Grocer (I think!)

**

The other day, about a month back?
The day when I had my virgin hair-cut in Melb,
we tried this place called
"Tokyo Teppanyaki"
along Chapel Street.

I had their scallop seafood set. And it was so yummy! (salivating at the thought of it)
Their signature meat is apparently beef, like most teppanyaki shops.
Initially I had wanted to substitute beef for some other seafood.. but the waitress suggested that I should try. & am glad that I did.

The meat was tenderly soft and I swore that there was no marbling in sight (or too little to be noticed?)
It was cooked right in front of us thus I was able to make that statement.
Perfect.

The set came with a choice of drink ad I stupidly chose English Breakfast in a jappo restaurant.
Smart bf had green tea and..
Look!
I think it's really cute to be served in this style.
& the green tea was good!
It's really nice to just chill-ax with this pot of green tea.

The waitress and the guy who cooked our food were very friendly.

And!
We got this as a complimentary!I think she probably thought I was doing some kind of 'advertising' as I was busy snapping photos. She even asked me about it :P

But nevertheless, she was really friendly
&
To ALL MY FRIENDS in AUSSIE,
You can get DISCOUNTS on your VISIT!

Just look for "Ena" (i think its spelt that way.. but it has the same pronunciation) & just quote MY NAME - 'Ee Ling'

**

Yup. A little snippets of the Japanese salon that we went to.
& we chilled at Ganache thereafter!

**

Wanted to show a picture of my hair... but I think it was so badly taken.
Anyway not much of a difference. Still the same long hair only neater.

I still think the money's worth ok!

**

Shall end this post with bits & pieces of other food!

A kebab at Melb Central basement.
Was decently good. Will definitely eat them again if I'm eating in Melb Central.

**

My favourite fries shop in Melb.
They have a monthly sauce thing.. and for November,
YUMS.

Anyway, its a privilege to be a girl! Love it.

That day when I bought the fries, it was an Aussie guy tending the stall and he just 'piak' few massive load of sauce on my fries. Was very friendly too. (Extra sauce for an additional charge)
The past few girls who have served me before werent that generous. But then again, I'll just take it that the girls are probably watching out for my figure! YAY.

p.s. im not much of a fries girl.. but the fries were pretty good! and it's deep-fried in canola oil (low in saturated fats but high in monosaturated fats). Furthermore they changed them everyday (or so they claim).

Some Tiny Facts
Ok, I know. How healthy can fries be.. right?
The greasy fatty fries deep fried in a pool of oil.
It's not, just that I THINK, LOTF is slightly healthier (just a teeny weeny bit so it's still not good to eat them alot) - considering the facts that they don't use oils that have reached the smoking point OR some other cheap vegetables oil (not all vegetables oil are healthy!)

Most commercial F&B stalls uses Palm oil (they love to blind consumers in thinking that THEY ARE HEALTH-LOVING SO THEY USED ONLY VEGETABLE OILS.) True enough, probably less(er) saturated fats but MOSTLY, those vegetable oils that they used have high trans-fats, like McDees. Because those have been hydrogenated.
But anyway, there were new research done on the verdict that those healthy oils causes inflammation, which is true because of Omega 6 (polyunsaturated fats). Accordingly to my lecturer, it is important to balance it with Omega 3 (polyunsaturated), which reduces the inflammation. Whatever it is, it's all about balanced.
Just a little tips for those who aren't following the OIL-Y NEWS. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment