Monday, December 14, 2009

Spicy Fish, Mini Cupcakes & a cuppa HORRIBLE HOT CHOCOLATE

Tried Spicy Fish along Little Bouke Street
I must say it was awesome..
ok. That's before I tried the another Sze Chuan place called Dainty Sze Chuan at South Yarra, in which I will blog about it maybe, later?

p.s. let me tryyyy to drill in some Chemistry into my brain first k? discipline discipline!

**
Their special lunch menu:
The plain noodles.. were really PLAIN.
but I guess it is to balance out the saltiness of the Ma-la fish? Not spicy enough in my opinion (imo).. or I should say, in our opinion (ioo).

We agreed that it's not that spiced/flavourful/mala-ish enough (after trying out Dainty SzeChuan)

Nevetheless, I love their Xiao Long Bao though. Bf prefers the one at Dumpling something along Malvern Road. He said that he likes it chewier.
I still miss the ones back home.. Ding Tai Feng, Crystal Jade, Imperial Dragon T___T
I prefer those!

But anyway,
Bf was still a glutton (that explains the disappearance of the Xiao Long Baos in the picture as shown above)

See la. Take photo also dont want to look at my camera.

**
I forgave him anyway because he spotted this little fluffy sheep and kindly offered to help me snap a photo with it.
Eyes look kinda puny here (not like it's big but that's beside the point)... am trying to match with the sheep OK!

**
Tried this little cupcake at QV Square.

Never like cupcakes because I SOOO HATE THE SWEET FROSTING.
Still wanted to try them anyway because it's mini and pretty!

Matcha Mini!
Tasted kinda weird initially.. but after awhile I kinda like it!
But $2 for one little pretty muffin, OK CUPCAKES.. is so NOT WORTH IT.
It will get all mashed up as soon as it enters the mouth, mixed with the saliva, slides down the esophagus, gets churned in the stomach, travels along the s & l intestines..
THEN,
FROM THE ANUS,
IT'S ONE UGLY LITTLE JUMBLED THING (mixed with whatever food that was eaten that day)
I rather pay extra for a nice cuppa hot choc or some ice-cream that is worth to join my adipose tissue.
(NOT ALL ICE-CREAM ARE QUALIFIED OK)

Ok. Might still go for it again.. if my cupcakes-crave kicks in.
Don't get me wrong, I do like pretty things... I just feel that cupcakes are TOO EASY TO MAKE.
Agree?

Those pretty cakes needs ALOT OF EFFORT to assemble.. and the right techniques; not that cupcakes do not require them,
IT'S JUST EASIER.

And nice cakes are rare.
Tried many back in SG.. various 5 stars hotels (kinda suck quite bad for some. a tad too dry. EVEN THOSE HIGH-CLASS ITALIAN RESTAURANT. WHYYYY!!!), Lana (so many people is crazy over it and I wonder why because I think it's too dry), Chocabloc (I think it's one of the best choc cake IN SG so far), AND MANY OTHERS.

Ok. Enough of my rubbish.
Photo of me and my mini!
**
Yea. Tried Max Brenner.
EWWWWS.
I really really REALLY REALLY REALLY THINK THAT IT SUCK DAMN BAD.
What hot-choc.
Should just call it Thick Sugared Dairy with chocolate flavour.

I dont know about you guys but I think it's really not worth mentioning.
Block block!

2 comments:

  1. stop drinking so much hot chocolate!
    unhealthy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :] :D~~~~~~~ i think they put drugs into all hot choc and so im like addicted.

    ReplyDelete